Power to Yout(th) is an online learning experience for youth workers to explore how to meaningfully engage young people in youth-led activities focussing on empowerment & recognising the value of non formal learning using Erasmus+ Youth/ European Solidarity Corps programme.
Power to You(th) is an online learning experience (training programme) for youth workers and youth leaders to explore how to meaningfully engage young people in youth-led activities focussing on empowerment & recognising the value of non formal learning using Erasmus+ Youth/ European Solidarity Corps programme.
The general aim is to boost and expand the capacity of youth workers and youth leaders to support the empowerment of young people with fewer opportunities and to increase inclusive youth-led participation within their organisation on a long term basis by implementing the new Erasmus+ Youth/European Solidarity Corps projects.
We define empowerment as the learning process in which people become aware of their own potential, learning needs and limitations and the ability to take up their own responsibility to act upon this in a healthy, responsible relationship towards others and the society. This online learning experience is providing a space for youth workers and youth leaders to further explore this concept, specifically for working within the target groups of fewer opportunities.
The objectives are:
· To explore the concept of empowerment, its potential and relevance and the link between empowerment and inclusive youth-led participation
· To reflect on the role of youth workers/youth leaders and the organisations for empowerment of young people with fewer opportunities
· To discover the value of the Erasmus+ Youth Programme/ European Solidarity Corps projects as a tool for youth empowerment and inclusive youth-led participation
· To experience, explore and share inspirational tools, methods and good practices on empowerment which can be transferred to working reality (both face-to-face and online/digital activities)
For the 2022 edition we have designed a fully online learning experience with a strong connection to youthwork reality. The HOP platform will be an essential part of this experience.
The learning experience will be composed of:
· Synchronous meetings: mandatory 6 meetings of up to 2,5 hours each. Optional additional meeting possibilities e.g. for informal socialising, storytelling, expert presentations, open space, coaching etc.
· Asynchronous learning space: Self-study modules, peer support, additional learning offers to go deeper into areas of interest/need, and allow for different learning paths.