HOP is a platform where organisations implementing projects within Erasmus+ Youth and European Solidarity Corps as well as the National Agencies the SALTO Resource Centres can publish their online learning courses and content.
HOP platform is sustainable and user-friendly tool to implement online learning, adjusted to the context of non-formal education. Why to look for technical solutions for your online course? Focus at content and make sure to offer best learning experience!
HOP offers support and consultation to creators of online courses, to make the best of their investment. Last but not least, HOP is the domestic tool, ensuring prominent recognition and visibility of the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes.
How does it work?
- In case your project is already set up, either as a TCA/NET project or officially granted within Erasmus+ Youth or European Solidarity Corps and you are interested to host the online course at HOP, please write to HOP@salto-youth.net
- If you like, we can invite you and your experts/trainers/authors to our HOP Playground (a space for experimenting, trying out HOP functionalities, etc.), so you can see how HOP works.
- Having details of your course, please fill in the form providing the course's details and inform HOP admin at HOP@salto-youth.net when this is ready.
- We will open the blank course within 1-2 days or come back to you to clarify questions.
- You can delete or transfer your course any moment you like (HOP is based on Moodle, so transferring courses is not a big issue).
- Please remember that uploading the content into online learning platform is one of the last phases of course creation. Preparing the idea, designing the learning paths, developing contents (esp. multimedia) etc. should come before you start creating your course at HOP.
- Differently to many residential courses, the online learning activity requires a graphic designer to produce visuals (ranging from several humble illustrations and finishing with advanced instructional videos).
- In principle, hosting the course at HOP platform is for free, as another service from SALTO network to the community!
- In case an organisation responsible for online course has little experience at HOP, we require that at least the basic support service / mentoring from HOP council is employed (small package made of at least 12 hours mentoring). This would make it easier to create the course specifically at HOP and would assure us that HOP quality standards of online learning in the non-formal education are being met.
- PROMOTION: for interested youth organisations we can offer the above-mentioned mentoring for FREE, just contact us at HOP@salto-youth.net and explain your needs.
HOP offers mentoring for teams implementing courses at the platform, especially if they have little experience with HOP itself. This support can be especially valuable for teams that urgently needs to create a course at HOP. The minimum mentoring should cover at least 12 hours (fee for expert needs to be agreed directly).
Every year we can support a number of courses with free mentoring. Just write us at HOP@salto-youth.net
|HOP brings online course about designing online learning "Plan, create and publish" as a self-paced exercise, plus at least 8 hours of mentoring (depending on the needs of a team, if it is only about HOP platform, 8 hours might be enough, if it is also about quality in online learning, then suggestion is to have more mentoring hours). The "Plan, create and publish" is for free and fee for mentoring needs to be agreed directly with expert.||HOP organises advanced trainings on quality online learning in the youth field for beginners (new to online learning or new to HOP platform), as a blended course. It is made of webinar sessions as preparation, 3 day residential course as well as full online, facilitated course about designing online learning "Plan, create and publish". The crash course also includes 8 hours free mentoring process for teams implementing courses at HOP.|
|NEEDs BUDGET for MENTORING||NEEDs BUDGET for MENTORING||FREE (including MENTORING)|